Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Look at my underwear!

Hehe... well, not really.  Technically, yes, it's mine, but I bought it specifically to "bling up" for a competition that's running in Townsville at the moment.  There's a production coming up, titled "Breast Wishes", and as part of the promotion, there is a competition to "bling your bra!". At the end of the competition, the bras will be auctioned off to raise money for the Breast Councer Foundation. 
This bra is my entry :)
Approximately 2000 rhinestones have been applied by hand to this (I don't have a heat setter, so I went the old fashioned way, using helmar gemstone glue, and flatback rhinestones).
In the pale pink is the breast cancer foundation ribbon on one cup, and on the other cup is the word "hope".  I'm planning on using some alcohol inks to colour the pale pink rhinestones a little bit darker, but that'll depend on the test run that I've got planned.
I'm really happy with how it's turned out, so blingy, sparkly (and hard to photograph! hehe... I suppose that's what you get when you go nuts with a giant stack of rhinestones!).
Hope you're having a fabulous week!

4 comments:

Tara @ Mum-ments said...

OMG they are amazing you have done such a fabulous job!
xx

magic and drudgery said...

Wow - absolutely fabulous - I'd say your rhinestones will raise a lot of cash!!

Rita said...

I hope so Marie! It's a fantastic cause, and one that affects so many!

Sewandthecity said...

Is is absloutley lovely! Great job and good luck!