Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bicycle fun!

I created this layout using the new "Pink Gelato" range from Kaisercraft - The colours are very soft, and really lend themselves to shabby chic layouts.  I haven't really done much in the way of shabby chic, but I was prepared to give it a red hot go!
To tie in with the bicycle paper, I chose photos of Gracie riding her big girl bike, and printed them off in different sizes.  Sometimes with layouts it's better to use one big photo, and a couple of smaller photos that help support the "story", than just one big photo, or a cluster of big photos.  Not always, but sometimes :)
I took some of hte blue spotty paper, and tore the edges to give it a rough look.  I sprayed the edges with a little glimmermist, in Vintage Pink,, and splattere a little bit over the centre of the page, to add a bit of extra colour and to add to the feminine softness I was going for.
Using my sewing machine, I machine stitched the blue paper to the bike paper, and added a ruffled strip of paper that I had torn from another sheet.
I used the clear stamp from the clear stamp set to add a pretty purple bike to the bottom left hand corner, and used some kindyglitz and glossy accents to pep it up a little.
 

I then cut a bajillion (no lie!) flowers from a patterned sheet of paper that came in the 6 1/2" paper pad, and layered these up with some of the printed chipboard, (using foam tape to add extra dimension). 
I finished the layout off with some Kaisercraft Paper Blooms (fuschia pack, with a little vintage pink and gold glimmermist to alter the colour of a few), a small rub on quote as the title, and some gorgeous sticky bling flourishes.
Oh, and the journalling, I hid that in a tag that slips under the blue paper...  I didn't decide till after I'd sewn it on that I wanted my journalling to go there, so I cut a tag sized slot under the raw edge (very carefully!), and stuck a piece of paper over the back to form a pocket, for the tag to slip into. Sorry about the photo, but I can't get the darn thing to rotate on here!  :) 
I'm not sure that shabby chic is my style, but it sure was fun to have a play around with an unfamiliar style!  It's good to mix it up sometimes! :)
x Rita

No comments: