Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

She loves yellow best!


My youngest daughter, Stephanie, has a major thing for the colour yellow.  Doesn't matter what it is, if it's yellow, she loves it.  And the way she points at anything yellow and shouts "YALLOW!" at the top of her lungs, it's almost too cute to stand. 
I used Echo Park papers from the "Little Girl" range to create this simple layout.  I wanted to keep it clean and simple, but still bright and fun, so these papers were perfect! 
I loved the yellow base paper with white hearts on it (cupcake casey), as soon as I saw that paper I thought "OHHHH Stephie would just LOVE that!" The purple paper is called raspberry/purple, and gave a better contrast with the yellow than the raspberry on the other side.  I cut a strip from the reverse of the Journaling Cards sheet, and layered that just below the photo - something about all those itty bitty hearts that I just loved! 
I cut a journal card from the page as well, and added a little bit of journalling. 
For the title, I used Bella Chipz letters in hot pink.
This layout is so quick and simple, but makes me smile every time I look at it - I think it might be on display for a little while in our home! :)
Perhaps I should do one in reply for Gracie, how she loves pink the best!
x Rita

No comments: