Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another Party Animals Card!

I had loads of fun making the party animals cards the other day, so I thought I'd try another one tonight.  I decided to use the easel card style - I cut a strip of cardstock 12" long and 4" wide, and then scored it at 4,6 and 8 inches.  There's a great tutorial on how to make them Here, at Andrea's Stampin' Moments, so I won't go into all the nuts and bolts of it.  It's pretty simple, but very effective! 
For the topper I trimmed a square of white cardstock down to a shade smaller than 4", and then the patterned paper, from the 6 1/2" paper pad down a little bit smaller than that, just to leave a small border. 
I wanted to use the balloon stamps again (I love them!), so I cut out the lion from one of the glittered sheets in the pad, and guesstimated where I should have the knot sit on the lion's tail.  I stamped the balloons, using Ancient Page black ink, and then stamped the balloons 3 times each on a separate scrap of paper. 
To decorate the balloons, I covered one balloon in each bunch with glossy accents.  I then used 3 different colours of superfine glitter to cover the glossy accents completely, and left this to dry before I tapped it off. 
Once it was dry, I trimmed out each balloon, and layered it over the stamped outline on the patterned paper, and then positioned my lion. 
I decided to use a scallop strip from the paper pad, and a little piece of lace to hold the front of the card upright.  I added a little group of buttons for a bit of extra interest at the front, and used a rub on sentiment for the "Happy Birthday".  

After all the fiddly bits were done, I used a hairclip to keep the card closed while i put a thick layer of glossy accents all over the glittery balloons.  I really wanted a glossy, glittery effect, and it's turned out pretty nice!  (If you try this, just make sure you clip your card together so it doesn't pop open, and make your glossy accents run! 
I know a little boy who's turning 1 today, and guess who this card is for!
Happy Birthday Lincoln!
x Rita

No comments: