Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

One of a kind...

This layout features papers from the gorgeous, soft "Lullaby" collection.
First of all, I trimmed two pieces of yellow bazzil cardstock to 11 1/2 inches x 10 1/2 inches, and two white (swiss dot patterned) sheets to 11 inches x 10 inches.  I wanted to give the page a clean uncluttered feel, but adding a little punch of bright colours just because I can! :)
And it just so happens that yellow is Stephie's favourite colour at the moment, so it works for me!
I chose the "baby talk" page as my base, as the deeper pink was able to handle the bright yellow a bit better, as well as matching the pinks in the photos a bit more.
From the "welcome home" page, I trimmed out all the rectangles at once, so I could just swap and change them around until I was happy.  I cropped 3 photos to 4x4 inch, and left the last one 6x4.

I initially wanted to go with a staggered feel to the page, but after much umming and aahing, decided to keep with the clean feel, and block in the whole area with bits and pieces of the welcome home page.
I added some of the kaisercraft lace to add a bit of texture to the page, and to add to the little girly look.  I tinted it light pink using My Tattered Angels Glimmermist, in Vintage Pink.  (I find that if i'm spraying ribbon or something that's a bit messy, rather than spray it on my desk, I spray it in the shower stall! No messy paper to clean up afterwards, and the overspray will wash off next shower!)
I also made a little rosette from an offcut of "baby bunting" paper, and topped it with a cute little button that I found in my stash of goodies.
For a little bit of interest, I attached some photos up on foam tape, and others directly to the page, and finished the layout off with some rhinestone flourishes (I cut one flourish up to make them a little smaller and more dainty), and added a few colourful butterflies from a sheet of the Bubblegum Hills Collection coloured rub ons.  This was a bit of an afterthought, but it really freshened the page up, and made it a little bit more "me".
And honestly, how sweet is this happy little bubba's face...  she melted my heart then, and still does now :)
Hope you're having a fabulous week!
x Rita

No comments: