Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some Rainy Day Fun

 I had some fun photos of the girls playing in the rain, so I wanted to do a fun, happy layout.  I decided to use a soft floral paper, and layered that with two complementary shades of pink and blue.  
 
I cut diamond shapes from 3 different patterned paper, and folded them over a piece of string to form the bunting.  
 
For the rosettes, cut a thin strip of paper, and scored it at ¼” intervals, then concertina folded it.  Glue the two ends  together and adhere a button or a circle of patterned paper to the top.  If it keeps popping up in the centre, you might find it handy to glue the rosette to a small circle of scrap paper at the bottom, as well as with the button on top.  It’s a bit fiddly, but look C....U....T....E!!!
 
After the fiddly bits were made, the page came together really quickly.  I used a little square of double sided tape under each pennant to hold the bunting exactly where I wanted it, and used Kaisercraft letter stickers to add a cute little title. 
Some journaling finishes the layout off, and will serve to embarrass the girls at a later date to realise they used to drink water from the downpipes, frogs and all! :D 
While not the quickest layout I've ever done, it ticks all the boxes for me.  Fun, funky and fresh!
Hope you're having a great week! 
xx Rita


No comments: