Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

More Magic Happens!

This layout was super simple, because I wanted the photo to steal the show.  I also wanted to keep it simple, as I had a beautiful shaped, foiled piece of Kaisercraft magic happens cardstock that was screaming to be used up!



From our little fairy photo shoot, this was my favourite of Stephie, so I had it enlarged.
I cropped the photo down to 5x5 inches, and then rounded the corners, and matted it onto a piece of white cardstock.
(a money saving tip is to use old patterned paper that has white on the reverse as your matting paper - i keep a stack of ugly papers that I use for just that!)

Using two chipboard flourishes, I painted them both lettuce green, and then covered them in a thin layer of kindyglitz.  (Crystallina)
I wanted to use a little cluster of flowers, so I used a couple of the new Kaisercraft flowers, and two green tara leaves just to make it look a little bit more real.  I layered these over the corner of the photo, and tucked the two flourishes in underneath as you can see.
The layout needed a title, but I didn't want something too bold.  I chose to use a rub on directly onto the photo, and the one that I used fit perfectly with the photo.  "Little girls have a magic all of their own".  And they do... every time i look at this photo, it just takes my breath away!
Happy Friday!
xx Rita

No comments: