Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sweet Daydreamer

I had a huge day today, so I'm keeping it simple tonight.  A single page layout, using a gorgeous photo that my husband took of our eldest daughter last year.  For this project I used papers from Adorn it, by Carolee's Creations, from the Princess collection.  I chose the grey as the background, and then cut a wide strip from the striped paper to layer on top of it.  To define the edges a little bit more, I inked the edge using a black ink pad. 

The photo got a little bit lost on the background, so I matted that onto some white cardstock, before sticking that down. 

When I bought the paper, I also bought some coordinating stickers from the same range. I'm not too much of a sticker person, but I thought these would look cute given a little bit of a boost.  To create the embellishments on the page, I stuck down the stickers that I wanted onto a piece of clear plastic sheet.  (You could use product packaging for this too!).  Next I carefully trimmed out the shapes, leaving a 3-4mm border, and edged them with glue and then glitter. 
Sticker stuck on plastic sheet, and trimmed out

Using glue and fine glitter to "frost" the edges of the plastic sheet

The finished embellishments.

(You could use kindyglitz or ice stickles for this, but i had a really soft purple glitter that I wanted to use here).  Once they were dry, I stuck a few squares of foam tape to the back of the shapes and then positioned them on the layout. 


The chipboard letters I used on this layout  are Bella Glittered Chipz, and again, I just stuck them down using a little bit of glue. 
Finally, I added a little bit of journalling.  I feel it's important to add a few words to every layout, so that generations to come can understand when the photo was taken, what the photo was about, and why it was special to me.
Hope you like it!
x Rita

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love this pic of her! And I love the stickers up the righthand side of the page too, it looks like she's daydreaming about being a princess in a castle! Gorgeous!!